Man, The Borgias is dumb as hell but I ain’t watchin this shit for the writing.
Hey, I’m going to try and do some more FFD world/character building tonight so if you have any questions hit my ask box!
I’m focused more on Kir, Emile and Charlie tonight—plus the criminal organization they all belong to. Would especially appreciate questions about that!
Confession: I am a huge sucker for big, scary villains and/or monsters with children. Kir isn’t the villain of FFD per se (although, to be entirely fair, he is a villain to some people). He’s an unequivocally ruthless, conniving guy but never let it be said that he doesn’t simply adore his kid.
So, to make up for the loss of world-building updates lately:
- Sveta has her mom’s nose and HUGE, GOGGLY yellow eyes. All the better to find you at night and bite your ankles with.
- Sveta loses and regrows teeth at the rate of a tiger shark and it’s not unusual for the ‘tooth fairy’ to find handfuls of teeth under her pillow. The first time Kir saw a handful of baby teeth it startled him, but now he could find half a dozen fangs sticking out of a table leg and he’d pluck them out with all the clinical detachment of a dentist.
- Sveta refuses to cut her hair so she can grow a ‘wild, pirate mane’. Kir’s first thought was ‘just cut her hair when she’s sleeping’, but has resolved not to use underhanded tactics against his own daughter. Now he’s just really good at braiding hair. Like, embarrassingly good for a criminally-inclined adult male with a reputation to maintain.
- Sveta refuses to eat anything but fishsticks, porkchops or swedish fish. You would need chain-mail gloves and enough tranquilizer to drop a rhino to get anywhere near her with vegetables. This distresses Kir more than anything because he’s a big proponent of healthy eating and by god he will break the legs of the person who keeps giving her sweets.
- In spite of all of the other criminal matters hanging over his head, one of Kir’s chief worries is that he only has one more year to prepare Sveta for kindergarten. She’s getting to be a good little reader, but her ability to play nicely with others needs some work. The biting is a problem but she also throws a mean left hook for a four year old.
Came home sick this afternoon. I’ve been fighting off this dumb virus for a week and my throat feels like someone ran a cheese grater over it.
I guess there’s nothing left to do but draw and drink several gallons of tea now?
I have an open water race in June but that’s going to be a disaster if I can’t get my immune system back into shape after my bout with pneumonia this January.